(what B described as my ‘cowboy pose’ haha)
Happy weekend everyone! Has anyone else found themselves spending more time online shopping, and less time in actually shops/malls? It hasn’t been a conscious decision, but I have found myself more and more buying clothes online, and before I knew it a whole month had passed where I hadn’t set foot in a physical clothing store! I thought about it, and realized I enjoyed online shopping more (for the most part) because:
– You don’t have to leave your house! Which means you don’t need to get dressed, brush your teeth, do your makeup, put on a bra. I mean, this alone is reason enough!
– In stark contrast to the soothing, bra-less calm of my home, shopping in a mall is downright stress inducing. All the people, the screaming children, the lines, trying to find a car park- yuck.
– Unless you go to an up-market boutique, most stores have their clothes shoved onto racks, with only a few key pieces displayed. I do not enjoy trawling through racks and racks of clothes- I find it clutters my mind, I forget what I’m after, or even what my style is! And then when I finally find a piece I like, it might not be in my size, or is crazy expensive! 🙁
– Which leads me to my next point- shopping can be overwhelming. With online shopping I can filter style, size and price. On most websites I can see the piece on a model, and the models size and height are mentioned so I can compare myself to determine fit (e.g. if a dress looks almost too short and the model listed is 5’5, it ain’t gonna happen)
– You can shop any time. I, like mostly everyone else I know, is super busy all the time, and when I have time to shop does not often coincide with the opening hours of the mall. e.g. midnight 😀
– The thrill of receiving packages in the mail- need I say more?!
All these points in mind, of course I do love the occasional trip to the mall- when you walk out with that perfect little number that is ready for you to wear straight away- ahh, it’s like the good old days!
What do you guys prefer- shopping online or instore, or a mixture? 🙂