I’m introducing a new segment to Lily and Blush called Monthly Musthaves, where I feature some of my fave tried and true products of the past month. I will only feature products that I have actually used or worn, and that I would recommend to you. I hope you liked this new addition to the blog!
- REN Keep Young and Beautiful Firming and Smoothing Serum- I have been using this every morning before my moisturiser and it really helps to make my skin glow! It’s got both Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid so it helps to clear any marks, as well as plumping up the skin. Plus it didn’t break me out, which is always a risk with me! And as with all REN products (in my opinion), this serum is more reasonably priced, but definitely in the ballpark of other $100+ high end serums. You can also get it here, and here in Australia.
- River Island Boyfriend Denim Jacket- (worn above) I’ve mentioned before how I was after the perfect denim jacket for so long, and I finally found it in this jacket. It’s the perfect light blue denim colour, so it goes well with summer dresses or white jeans, as well as darker wash jeans for a denim on denim look. The distressing is on point, and the silver buttons are the finishing touch. I’ve already worn it about a million times!
- SheIn Floral Shirt- If you’re looking for a cheap thrill, look no further than this beautiful floral tshirt. It’s super soft, has the prettiest pattern, and is reasonably good material- all for under $12. Again, I’ve already worn it about a million times- with dark blue jeans, with distressed jeans, with white jeans, with a denim skirt, with shorts- the list goes on! I love that it has ruffle sleeves for that extra somethin’ somethin’, and it’s long so you can tuck it in, which I always do. Do yourself a favour!
- Neulash– Back to the beauty and guys, I am obsessed with this product. Now you have probably heard of it, and other girls recommending it, and let me tell you, this is not a drill! This is serious stuff! If you follow me on Instagram (@madeleine_qiu), you would have seen on my recent stories how long my lashes have got after only using Neulash for about 3 weeks. Especially on my right eye, it was like my eyelashes had broken in half in some places, so they were a bit patchy. Now they have filled out and all the lashes on both eyes are so long they almost touch my eyebrow bone when I’m wearing mascara. And I haven’t changed my mascara at all. Neulash is expensive, but it’s worth it. Aussie girls can also get it here.
- The Lifechanging Magic of Tidying Up- If you’re like me and are totally obsessed with being clean and tidy, but don’t always achieve this for various reasons, then this is the book for you. I used Marie Kondo’s ‘does it spark joy’ theory when cleaning out my closet the other day, and it really resonated with me and helped me purge FIVE massive garbage bags of clothes to donate plus clothes I threw out and will sell. Plus all her other tips for tidying (and keeping it staying that way!) are gold and easy to apply. This wasn’t on the New York Times Bestselling list for nothing! I’m also going to do a more in depth post on how my closet clean out went and what worked (and didn’t work)!
I hope you all enjoyed the first series of Monthly Musthaves! Let me know if you have any further or specific questions about anything I listed, I would be happy to help!